But have you ever wondered
how does the artwork perceive you?
An interactive artwork is a ongoing conversation between the artwork and the surroundings, between the artist and the viewer. It changes its meaning by being seen, it changes its form by being approached.
Picaroon was founded in Edinburgh in 2013 by the artist Rebecca Gischel and the designer Sebastian Walter. It is run by Rebecca Gischel, meanwhile in Munich.
- Ars Electronica Festivals 2018 in Linz (AT)
- AURORA Light Festival 2015 in Dallas (USA)
- 3D Printshow 2014 in London (UK)
- Ars Electronica Festivals 2013 in Linz (AT)
- Science Centre in Glasgow (UK)
'Picaroon' is an archaic English word and means adventurer or pirate. Depending on the nature of each installation, friends from different disciplines sail along on the adventure.
- Die fünf Highlights der Ars Elctronica von Festival-Chef Gerfried Stocker – nachrichten.at
- Aurora 2015: 13 must-see moments at transformative Dallas Arts District experience – culturemap
- An Interactive 3D Orchestra Is Everything You Wished Dance Dance Revolution Was and More – architizer
- Rebecca Gischel Creates Her World – Ars Electronia Blog
- Tangible Orchestra – Walking through the music – Media Architecture Institute